Stay in your Soma pajamas all day and celebrate National Bake Cookies Day Dec. 18 and every day with this simple, delicious recipe courtesy of Soma’s Brand President (and baker extraordinaire), Laurie Van Brunt. Enjoy!
Raspberry Almond Shortbread Thumbprints
Makes 3 ½ dozen cookies
Time to prepare: 45 minutes, Chilling time: 1 hour, Baking time: 14 minutes, Cooling time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons almond extract
- 2-3 teaspoons water
- Combine butter, sugar and almond extract in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (2-3 minutes). Reduce speed to low; add flour. Beat until well mixed (2-3 minutes). Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Shape dough into ½-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Make indentation in center of each cookie with pinky finger (edges may crack slightly). Fill each indentation with about ¼ teaspoon jam.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, stir together all glaze ingredients in small bowl with wire whisk until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies.