Relax and unwind with a tropical drink created just for you, our readers. The “Me Time” Mai Tai cocktail drink recipe is inspired by our favorite pajama print and as the name suggests, encourages you to take a little time for yourself—doing whatever makes you happy. Our thanks to Natalie from Beautiful Booze for dreaming up this pineapple-infused delight. Pencil some “me time” into your schedule and enjoy every sip.
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- ½ ounce orange juice
- ½ lime juice
- ½ ounce orange curacao
- ½ ounce orgeat or almond syrup
- 1 ounce white rum
- ¾ ounce dark rum
- 1 cup ice
- Add pineapple juice, orange juice, lime juice, orange curacao, orgeat syrup, white rum and ice to a shaker
- Shake mixture and add to serving glass
- Slowly pour dark rum over a spoon into the drink to float on top
- Garnish with lime wedge, paper straw and pineapple wedge
Yields: 1 serving
Natalie is a home bartender, photographer and party planner with a flair for discovering new and creative ways to mix cocktails. She believes that every occasion begins and ends with a beautiful drink. See more of her recipes here.