Fall is full of opportunities for celebrating, whether it’s GameDay, Halloween, Thanksgiving or just toasting to the foliage turning shades of red and gold. The air is cool and crisp and your palette calls for a bold, smooth cocktail to indulge in. Who better to concoct the perfect blend of fall flavors than bartender and blogger, Natalie Migliarini. Her Burnt Orange Bourbon cocktail is infused with bursts of citrus for a tangy twist.
Throw on your favorite wrap, sit on the porch and savor the season by cozying up to autumn in a glass. Cheers!
Burnt Orange Bourbon
- 2 ounces of bourbon
- 1 orange (½ juiced and ½ cut into slices) *there should be 4 orange slices
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 cup of ice
Garnish: burnt orange slices
- Turn the oven on broil
- Put orange slices on a greased sheet pan and sprinkle with sugar
- Broil orange slices until lightly brown/burnt
- Take oranges out of the oven and cool
- Fill a large glass with ice, 2 slices of burnt orange, orange juice, and bourbon
- Muddle mixture and strain into serving glass
Yield: 1 serving
Natalie is a home bartender, photographer and party planner with a flair for discovering new and creative ways to mix cocktails. She believes that every occasion begins and ends with a beautiful drink. See more of her recipes on her blog, Beautiful Booze.